Whether you’re buying your first home or a place to retire, there are features you want in your new home. From stainless steel appliances to recording studios, we have heard a wide range of ideas. We’re here to help you find the home that matches your wish list the best so you can make your house a home. If you get some or all of them is dependent on a variety of factors including your budget, your bank-approved loan amount, availability of homes and availability of the features on your wish list.
Here are the top five wish list items for home buyers:
- Modern appliances –Most often the wish is for stainless steel as they are not only stylish, they offer durability which is important especially if you’re a growing family.
- Curb appeal – Most buyers don’t want to have to clean a yard that someone else let get overgrown. Not only is curb appeal important but the back yard being clean is also important.
- Schools – Even investors and single people seek homes in good school districts. The presence of schools indicates families with longevity and an investment in the neighborhood. This helps with everyone’s resale values.
- Updated kitchen and bathrooms – Renovating the kitchen and bathroom is the best way for sellers to increase the amount for which they can sell their home. These are the most expensive home improvement costs that will yield the most in a sale. Buyers are incurring the purchase cost and in many cases want a modern, move-in ready home.
- Space, not rooms – Home buyers today are concerned more with how to use the space of the home than with the number of rooms. A living room that can double as an office is more valuable than other options, for example.
At DVG Realty we pride ourselves on understanding the real estate needs of our clients. Contact us today to learn how we can help you find the home of your dreams!